Monday, July 2, 2007

July Challenge

So the Newbery Project has been in existence for six months now. How are people feeling about it?

If you look in the sidebar, you'll see that certain books -- by luck or by design -- are getting more traffic than others. Caddie Woodlawn is especially popular, particularly among the older books. Meanwhile 4 books from the 1990s have had no posts. Curious.

Let me throw out a July Challenge: each of us read and post on one of the Newbery books that has thus far gone untouched.

What do you think?

I happen to have started Dobry (1935's winner) a few weeks ago and will read it regardless.

Just trying to liven things up here.

7 comments:

Betsy said...

I think that's a great idea! I just finished Number the Stars and have yet to post about it. I think the summer months are going to be busy, but I plan to pick up again soon!

Bekah said...

I'm in the middle of Hitty: Her First Hundred Years. I finally scrapped trying to read in order. Just not going to work in my life right now. LOL

Library Cat said...

Thank you for nudging us along. I have two books that I read a month ago and have not posted - I may have to read them again :-) I liked them both so that might not be too bad.
I will pick a random book that has not been posted and check it out today - although I must confess to reading three or four "adult" books which have kept me idle here!
Flusi

Sandy D. said...

Oops, I just finished another one that's already been reviewed - "Out of the Dust". After just finishing "A Thousand Splendid Suns" (which was amazing, but so intense), I'm going to pick something light and happy with no death or destruction. I'm thinking "Ginger Pye", LOL.

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Sounds great! I read Roller Skates months ago and never posted. And I'm currently reading Johnny Tremaine--I'll have to check if anyone's written about that one.

Moni said...

great idea! I have really enjoyed this project so far. I've been kind of remiss lately about reading Newberry winners. So this will get me back on track :)

Amanda said...

I'd love to participate! I'm a university librarian who manages (among other things) the Curriculum Collection, which includes children's lit to support future teachers. In fact the current children's lit class is doing a project with Newberys, and I decided I need to read more of them! I sent the e-mail to be added for posting privileges but haven't heard back yet.