Saturday, August 2, 2008

Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech


Stars: ****

Walk Two Moons won the 1995 Newbery Medal.

Summary: “As Sal entertains her grandparents with Phoebe’s outrageous story, her own story begins to unfold – the story of a thirteen-year-old girl whose only wish is to be reunited with her missing mother.”

I must admit that the summary at the back did not sound all the interesting to me. However the book was very well put together. The summary just doesn’t explain enough. Sal is on the road with her Grandparents and is telling them the story of her friend Phoebe and her life, which at times seems to be very similar to Sal’s. The book switches back and forth from what is happening with Sal and her grandparents to what happened with Phoebe. It does not always alternate every other chapter, which makes it more interesting since you don’t know whose story will be continued next until you start reading.

The story has good lessons in it and would make a good school read I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this book its the best book i have ever read in my life.

My teacher Mrs.Bennett 6th grade language arts teacher made us read this book.So now i am doing my
project and talking to U.


rebecca taylor L.P.A. 6TH GRADE MIDDLE SCHOOL 6pd. MRS.B CLASS