Friday, September 7, 2007

Introduction ~ Bonnie Jacobs

I'm excited about The Newbery Project and have already written a post about it on my Bonnie's Books blog. Although I've already read 21 of the books, I plan to read them again in order to write reviews of each one, except the 2007 book which I have recently reviewed. I'll post that review here, but you can also click on the title below, in the list of books I have read before:

2007
The Higher Power of Lucky, by Susan Patron
2001 A Year Down Yonder, by Richard Peck
2000 Bud, Not Buddy, by Christopher Paul Curtis
1999 Holes, by Louis Sachar
1997 The View from Saturday, by E. L. Konigsburg
1994 The Giver, by Lois Lowry
1992 Shiloh, by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
1991 Maniac Magee, by Jerry Spinelli
1990 Number the Stars, by Lois Lowry
1986 Sarah, Plain and Tall, by Patricia MacLachlan
1983 Dicey’s Song, by Cynthia Voigt
1981 Jacob Have I Loved, by Katherine Paterson
1978 Bridge to Terabithia, by Katherine Paterson
1977 Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, by Mildred D. Taylor
1975 M. C. Higgins, the Great, by Virginia Hamilton
1970 Sounder, by William H. Armstrong
1968 From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, by E. L. Konigsburg
1964 It’s Like This, Cat, by Emily Neville
1963 A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeleine L’Engle
1944 Johnny Tremain, by Esther Forbes
1924 Invincible Louisa: The Story of the Author of Little Women, by Cornelia Meigs
1931 The Cat Who Went to Heaven, by Elizabeth Coatsworth

1 comment:

Juliette said...

Hi Bonnie and welcome to the Newbery project.
I have devoted my September reading to these titles and have been enjoying a reading feast! I am reading The Higher POwer of Lucky at present. Having just read your review I doubt if I will be able to add anything myself!